<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dEq7WVUxrII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
What does a Chicago criminal defense lawyer do to make sure that you don’t go to jail
After the arraignment, your Chicago Criminal lawyer will conduct an investigation, review police reports, and examine the evidence and prepare for your trial.
During the investigating your Chicago criminal defense attorney will:
• provide an objective perspective to you on the situation and explain to you in detail what is likely to happen, which is very important, especially since you will have to make a decision about how to respond to any “plea bargains” the Chicago prosecutor may offer you;
• Your Criminal lawyer will negotiate with the prosecutor on your behalf in an attempt to reduce the charges or lessen the punishment recommended by the prosecutor at sentencing;
• Your criminal lawyer might suggest sentencing, treatment, and rehabilitation programs tailored to your specific needs, which may help you avoid future criminal charges;
• Your attorney will counsel you about the way criminal laws will likely be applied.
• Your Lawyer will make you aware of Chicago court customs and give you written knowledge about the process example, a defense lawyer may know which prosecutor has the "real" authority to settle a case, and what kinds of arguments are likely to appeal to a particular prosecutor;
• Your Chicago DUI attorney will gather information from prosecution witnesses.